Saturday, April 14, 2012

Odawara Castle

I spent this past week in an Intercultural Relations course that is mandatory for all military members, and their family to take upon arrival in Japan. It was a very informative class, and I actually had a lot of fun and met a few friends. On Thursday we had to take a solo fieldtrip, so I went with another woman to Odawara Castle. I won't bore you all with the history of this place, but this link has a pretty good summary in the basic info : http://www.jcastle.info/castle/profile/34

Outside of the castle is a beautiful park, and in the castle there is a nice little museum full of artifacts like real Samurai armor, weapons and traditional art, mostly from the Edo period. The view from the top is great, too bad it wasn't clear enough to see Mt. Fuji.

Here are some of the pictures I took while trying to figure out my new camera.

 Outside of the castle:








Some views from the top:






1 comment: